The main functions of the Industries Department are
Promotion of small scale industries
Assisting in the marketing of the products
Development of salt areas & lands
Handicrafts artisan development
Development of handloom, etc
The Department also provides various concessions and facilities and assistance for setting up of industrial units in the State.
For carrying out these functions there are 36 District Industries Centres (DICs) working in the State and 7 District Industries Sub-Centres. The Headquarter office of the Department is situated at Udyog Bhawan, Tilak Marg in Jaipur.
The nomenclature of 'Industries' has been changed to 'Enterprises' and Enterprises have been classified broadly into:
- Enterprises engaged in the manufacture/production of goods pertaining to any industry
- Enterprises engaged in providing/rendering of services
It has been defined in terms of investment in plant and machinery (excluding land and building) and further classified into:
- Micro Enterprises —investment up to Rs. 25 lacs
- Small Enterprises —investment above Rs. 25 lacs and upto Rs. 5 crores
- Medium Enterprises —investment above Rs. 5 crores and upto Rs. 10 crores
It have been defined in terms of their investment in equipment (excluding land and building) and further classified into:
- Micro Enterprises —investment up to Rs. 20 lacs
- Small Enterprises —investment above Rs. 10 lacs and up to Rs. 2 crores
- Medium Enterprises —investment above Rs. 2 crores and up to Rs. 5 crores
For availing the benefits available under the various government schemes filling of Entrepreneur Memorandum I & II is required
Procedure of filing of Entrepreneurs Memorandum and other matters, incidental there to:
Process of two-stage registration of Micro and Small Enterprises dispensed with a replaced by filing of Memoranda.
- Filing of Memorandum Optional for all Micro, Small and Service Sector Medium Enterprises
- Filing of Memorandum mandatory for Manufacturing Sector Medium Enterprises
Form of the Entrepreneurs Memorandum can be downloaded from the SIDO website i.e.
- The hard copies of the same can be obtained from the District Industries Centres.
- The form of Memorandum is in two parts. Any person who intends to establish a Micro, Small or Medium Enterprise engaged in providing or rendering of services or those want to establish medium enterprise engaged in the production or manufacture of products may file Part-I of the Entrepreneurs Memorandum to District Industries Centre.
- Part-II of Entrepreneurs Memorandum may be filed by the above enterprise with District Industries Centre once the production commences or the enterprise starts providing/rendering services.
- In case of non-filing of Part-II of the Entrepreneurs Memorandum within two years of the filing of Part-I, the Memorandum (Part-I) filed by the Entrepreneur will become invalid.
- In case of change in the investment in plant and machinery or in equipment, the enterprises which has already filed Entrepreneurs Memorandum should inform the District Industries Centre of the same in writing within three months of the change in investment.
- The Acknowledged Entrepreneurs' Memorandum shall be liable to be cancelled in case the unit is found closed for more than 6 months or furnished wrong information in the Entrepreneurs' Memorandum filed or did not follow the instructions as above.
- The enterprise has to file the Entrepreneurs' Memorandum Part II again, in case, the status of the enterprise changes from micro to small or small to medium or vice versa, as a result of enhancement/decrease in the investment in plant and machinery/equipments. In such cases, the acknowledgement issued earlier needs to be cancelled and the letter of cancellation along with the copy of the cancelled acknowledgement (certified) shall be provided to the industrialist so that it may take benefit, if any, for that period of functioning.
- In case of companies as defined in Companies Act, 1956 (1 of 1956) cooperative/partnership firms and trusts, the change of name of the enterprise, if any, should be informed to General Manager, District Industries Centre or the authority notified for filing of Entrepreneurs'
Memorandum in the State/UT within three months of change. In case of ownership firms, the same should be communicated within three months of effecting the change in name along with an affidavit.
Other activities of the Industries Department of Rajasthan include implementation of
- Rajasthan Investment Promotion Scheme, 2014
- Household Industries Development Scheme,
- Entrepreneurship Development Scheme,
- Cluster Development Scheme,
- Urban and Rural Haat Scheme of Government of India,
- Different schemes for the development of handloom and agro food industries as promulgated by Government of India from time to time.
The Department is also responsible for the implementation of various acts and rules regarding weights and measures enforcement.